The Leader in Me: A Whole-School Transformation Process
What is “The Leader in Me”?
- A process that helps develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need to thrive in the 21st century.
- Uses Stephen Covey’s, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People model, tailored to children and teachers in an educational setting.
- Currently has been rolled out to over 500 schools worldwide.
Why is it good for my children?
- Teaches skills needed to be successful in a global society like:
- Personal leadership – being accountable for actions and attitudes
- Initiative and self-discipline, making healthy choices
- Ability to work well with others, cross culturally and in teams
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and creative thinking skills
- Inspires greater self-confidence with a belief that every child can be a “leader of their own life”, has unique talents and can make a difference.
What types of results are expected?
- Increased academic achievement and decline in discipline problems
- Increased student self-confidence, improved social and life skills
- Increased student, teacher and parent satisfaction with their education
- Books: “The 7 Habits of Happy Kids”, “The Leader in Me”
- Websites: theleaderinme.org, seancovey.com, stephencovey.com.
Personal Leadership – Doing the right thing, even when no one is looking!
7 Habits Initiative
In partnership with parents and community, the mission of our school is to prepare the next generation of leaders.